I originally met Evelyn Saenz on Squidoo and admired her ingeniously creative lesson plans for homeschooling. All of her work is so thoroughly researched and planned out that you can easily see how much she invests her time. At the time, I had no idea that she ran a bed-and-breakfast from her home. After learning about that, I have now put her B&B on my vacation bucket list. Here is what Evelyn has to say about Pinterest.
1. How long have you been using Pinterest?
I started using Pinterest when it first came out. I was introduced to it by friends from Squidoo.
2. Why did you join?
At first I joined in order to promote my Squidoo lenses. Then I discovered what fun it was to pin interesting.
3. What benefits have you gotten from being a Pinterest member?
Pinterest allows me to gather and organize my research in a visual way.
4. What is your most successful pin? (link to it)
5. What is your niche?
Teaching Materials for Young Children
6. When you are not pinning what do you spend your time doing?
Running Royalton Bed and Breakfast as well as selling pies, quiches, jams, jellies, pickles and relishes at the local farmer’s markets.
7. What is your favorite activity offline?
Selling at farmer’s markets.
8. If you could do anything you wanted, anywhere in the world, what would that be?
I am doing just what I love to do, living in Vermont, welcoming people into my home to share their experiences as well as meeting people at farmer’s markets.
9. Where can we find you on the web besides Facebook and Pinterest?
Hubpages, Wizzley, Airbnb, TripAdvisor
10. Who is your favorite author? What is your favorite movie?
I have read so many different books I don’t believe I could pick a favorite. I guess that is true of movies as well.
11. What else would you like to say to your fellow Pinterest Party members?
If only there was more time in a day!