In an interview with one of our members, Sam Thomason, she brought up a very good question. She wanted to know how to get influencers to share her content. We were specifically talking about Pinterest, yet getting influencers to share our content on any site is a better goal. It really doesn’t matter whether it is on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter, as long as the content gets shared by an influencer.
In researching the answer, I decided to look at the broader picture because most ideas can be applied to Pinterest when they are generated for another site. I knew that I would have to go to some experts to find the best answers. I found two types of answers to this question. The first set were articles of how to encourage influencers to work with you in promoting your content. These ideas range from the simple to the complex, and some may overwhelm your time or budget. However, they are worth a good read, and time spent thinking how you can use them to your advantage.
The second group includes a list of tools that will help you promote your content. While this won’t specifically find influencers for you, it will put your content in front of more people, some of whom will be influencers. Then you can go back to the strategies in the first group to invite influencers to share your content.
If you have other techniques that have worked for you, then please share them in the comments so that other people can see them.
Getting Influencers to Share Your Content
- How to Encourage Influencers to Share Your Content, Social Media Examiner
- 5 Tactics to Get Influencers to Share Your Content, Mavrck
- How to Find Influencers Who Already Want to Share and Link to Your Content, Kissmetrics
- 5 Strategies to Get Top Influencers to Share Your Content, Uberflip
- Amplify Your Content Strategy with Influencer Marketing, Convince & Convert
Tools to Promote Your Content and Find Influencers
- 6 Tools to Find Online Influencers in Your Vertical, iAcquire
- 10 Top Content Promotion Tools and Services, Vertical Measures
- 8 Nonobvious Tips to Promote Your Content, Content Marketing Institute