If you want your pins to go viral on Pinterest, one of the top elements is to have great images to pin to your boards. Images need to be clear, colorful and easy to tell what they are about with a glance. People scan their feeds on Pinterest, so hard to see pictures will get skipped.
Creating a great image that is sized for Pinterest is very easy to do. There are several free tools that can help you jazz up your photos and make sure they are the best size for the site. Pinterest is all about the image, how it looks and if it portrays your post in an exciting way. To give you an idea of an exciting image for Pinterest, take a look at the picture at the top of this page.
While the image is simple, it is easy to read, the perfect size for Pinterest and in bold colors that will show up well on a Pinterest feed. This particular image was designed on Canva. Here are some sites to help you start creating great Pinterest images.
1. Canva–Canva is a full service graphics design site that can be used for free or you can use their premium images for $1.00 each. The site is simple to use and gives you the right dimensions for all the social media sites including Pinterest. I like this site the best for times when I don’t have a photograph to use for my Pinterest image.
2. PicMonkey–PicMonkey is similar to Canva in that you can create images or collages, but it is set up differently with a completely different mechanism and types of graphics to incorporate. I like this site better when I have my own images and want to enhance them for Pinterest.
3. MorgueFile–If you need a photograph for your post, MorgueFile is a great place to find it. You can find free photos or inexpensive photos to use with all of the royalty information at your fingertips.
4. Piktochart–Piktochart is a site for creating infographics or any type of pictorial chart. You can use the site for free to make your infographics or upgrade to a Pro account for $29/month. There are several free templates to get you started or you can start your own from scratch.
5. Clker.com–Clker is a fun site if you like to use clipart. There are hundreds of clipart items and images organized by category for you to download and use.
All of these sites are free to use, and you can play around and see which of these sites is a good fit for your style and presentation. Use them on Pinterest and all of the social media sites you participate in. Get your creative juices flowing!